Saturday, April 15, 2017

Easter Etsy Weekend Sale, creating the April letter, think Green

PB Etsy Easter weekend SALE ALERT! Storewide (except for prints)  $15 off on everything else! Offer is good until the 18th of April Just use the code at checkout: PBEASTER17
Let me know if you have any problems. I've been thinking Green this week. Wasn't it Earth Day?
New Spring seasonal vegetables are in the markets. Hooray!
It seemed like an easy idea to translate into watercolor. Ha.
17,000 pencil sketches later...not so easy but much eating of radis rouge. These are big radishes.
Asperges too...matching the subtle pink-to-green color...not so easy.
Petit pois! A more yellowy green.
Last weekend I made a dash to gorgeous chateau Vaux le Vicomte, just an hour from Paris.
I fell in love with these British floral prints.
Perfect for my April letter non?
But a trip to Georges' candy shop, Le Bonbon au Palais changed my mind.
Better go with French school labels. Why can't I write like French school kids? Practice, practice.
Et voila. The end result after much vegetable eating. Maybe I should do this every month?
BHV has green on their mind. Windows full of garden whimsy, especially the Magritte apple pillow.
Flower shop, Au Nom de la Rose is thinking greens. What is Citisus? Pretty no?
Green grass everwhere in Paris, especially under chocolate bunnys. They were even mowing the lawn in my tiny garden out back! 
I'm painting up a storm of petit pois bonus watercolors for new subscribers and renewers. Get yours while the Easter Weekend Sale is on. Why not? Thanks for reading Parisbreakfast.  Easter Etsy weekend sale on Paris letters, watercolors and map subscriptions. 
Bon WEEKEND a tous!

19 comments:

  1. One of my fave posts..Happy Easter .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Carol. I LOVE your work. Am heading To check out yr sale!! Toot sweet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Citisus looks like forsythia bushes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK Cytisus is a genus of about 50 species of flowering plants in the family Fabaceae, native to open sites in Europe, western Asia and North Africa.
      Thank you Wikipedia

      Delete
  4. Happy Easter, Carol. You nailed the vegetables, especially the asparagus. I love radishes - we used to eat radish sandwiches - sliced with butter & salt, which would be even better in France with Bordier salted butter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah...the French butter..And here I was eating mine plain, straight up...

      Delete
  5. Your posts always make me long for Paris.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Easter Carol! What a great letter, I love all the vegetable paintings. Seems they're much tricky than you'd expect from a humble vegetable. My favourite colour is green. Now to check out the sale......

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarah N10:54 PM

    I was just wondering...do you draw with a pencil and then paint or do you just use paint to draw your objects and then paint them in? Hope that makes sense.
    Your paintings are so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A good question Sarah,
      Sometimes I draw with a Pentel waterbrush the outlines, but I like to do a lot of pencil sketches first usually to get a feel for the shapes.

      Delete
  8. Your monthly letters and maps are wonderful. Mille merci!.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh! Those vegetables. How does she ever do those?" Greens are so hard for me. I read on to find you saying that you drew and drew, and they weren't easy! But they were excellent, and your greens were gorgeous--I loved the asparagus and that green in your paint box, as well as the peas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greens take practice. I like Winsor Newton sap green with a touch of yellow ochre or aureolin yellow...plus some cerulean blue sometimes.
      Thats why I do the test sheets. Practice, practice!!

      Delete
    2. Thank you for the green hints! A 90 year old painter here told me once she used Sap green with sepia and called it "sapia."

      Delete
  10. Beautiful charcoal sketches and watercolors, Carol.
    Love the chocolate bunny :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE this post!

    Especially the many veggie watercolor images.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sarah N11:21 AM

    This looks like what we call Scotch Broom in the States - love the watercolors.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you